3213 E Camelback Road, Phoenix AZ 85018
602.955.8100 ... firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Every Night
5PM - 10PM Mon-Sat 5PM - 9 PM Sun
Warm Lobster with Garlic Spinach & Saffron
2 live 1-1/2 pound lobsters
6 cups cleaned spinach
8 sprigs of chives
4 chopped shallots
½ bottle dry white wine
1 T saffron
6 oz cold unsalted butter
2 T extra virgin olive oil
1 clove elephant garlic, minced
1. Boil water in a large pot half filled with water.
2. Drop lobsters in boiling water, turn heat down to medium-high, and cook for 7 minutes. When finished, remove & cool.
3. When cooled, remove tail and claw meat, being careful to keep whole.
4. Cut tails in half and put aside.
5. Heat a medium-sized saucepan.
6. Add a small knob of butter and all but 2 T of the shallots, stir vigorously.
7. After a few moments add the white wine.
8. Add the saffron and stir.
9. Reduce white wine over low heat until there are 3 T left.
10. Whisk in butter over medium heat.
11. Remove from heat, transfer to another container and set in a warm place until service.
12. Heat a large sauté pan, add 1 to 2 T of olive oil and the reserved shallots.
13. Add the garlic and stir vigorously; add the spinach a few moments later.
14. When spinach is just beginning to soften remove from heat and place in equal parts on the center of four warm plates.
15. Divide lobster into four claws and four half tails. Brush with butter.
16. Place in 350F oven for 3-4 minutes.
17. Arrange on top of the spinach.
18. Pour one ounce of sauce over the lobster and spinach.
19. Arrange the sprigs of chives on top.
Open that fat chardonnay and enjoy!