3213 E Camelback Road, Phoenix AZ 85018
602.955.8100 ... email@example.com
Open Every Night
5PM - 10PM Mon-Sat 5PM - 9 PM Sun
Warm Bacon Candy Salad
Makes About 4 Servings
1/2 lb thick-cut bacon, preferably smoked (about 8-10 slices)
Equal parts real maple syrup and brown sugar - enough to cover bacon
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 T fresh lemon juice
1 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
4 soft boiled eggs
1 head frisee
1. Combine maple syrup and brown sugar and add bacon, turning to coat. Let marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a sheet tray with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Remove bacon from marinade and, using your hand, scrape excess syrup from bacon strips. Arrange in single layer on prepared sheet tray and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until crisp.
3. Meanwhile, whisk together the olive oil and lemon juice. Add black pepper in increments, tasting until the seasoning is to your preference.
4. Toss the frisee on a grill or in a grill pan until charred. Tear into pieces and toss with the black pepper vinaigrette.
5. Arrange 2 to 3 slices of bacon on each serving plate. Top with lettuce. Slice soft boiled eggs and arrange one half egg on each end of serving plate.