3213 E Camelback Road, Phoenix AZ 85018
602.955.8100 ... email@example.com
Open Every Night
5PM - 10PM Mon-Sat 5PM - 9 PM Sun
The Tavern's Lobster Roll - as seen on The Talk
Makes 4 Rolls
4 brioche or Challah hot dog buns
2 T Dijon mustard
Juice of 1/2 lemon
2 dashes Chahula or Gunslinger hot sauce
Approximately 16 oz neutral flavored Soy/Canola oil
9 ounces butter poached lobster meat, knuckles and claws only
1/4 cup the tiny white/yellow inner leaves of celery (garnish
Salt and Pepper
3 slices of Bologna
1/4 lb Unsalted butter and 3 T olive oil
1. Combine egg, mustard, lemon juice and hot sauce in a large bowl and blend completely using a stick blender.
2. Transfer to a regular blender. With blender running on low, very slowly drizzle oil in until the aioli is thick with a creamy mayonnaise-like consistency.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Butter the buns and toast in a skillet until lightly golden.
5. Mix just enough aioli with the lobster to moisten.
6. Mound generously in the buns
7. If using the bologna, melt butter and olive oil in skillet and pan and fry bologna until crisp. Remove from heat and cut in julienne.
8. Sprinkle lobster with fried bologna and inner leaves of celery.