3213 E Camelback Road, Phoenix AZ 85018
602.955.8100 ... firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Every Night
5PM - 10PM Mon-Sat 5PM - 9 PM Sun
1/3 cup sugar
Juice of 1/4 lemon
2 T sweet butter
6-8 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, quartered
1. In 8” saucepan stir sugar & lemon juice.Place over medium-low heat and melt sugar slowly.
2. Raise heat to medium-high and cook to golden brown.Add butter; stir to incorporate.
3. Add as many apples as you can, laying them down and double stacking.
4. Remove from heat and place pastry on top of apples.
5. Bake in sauté pan at 400 degrees until pastry is browned.
6. Let pan sit for 5-10 minutes, then flip over onto serving platter that will catch the juices.
7. Serve warm with ice cream or crème fraîche.
2-1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 T brown sugar
1/2 lb butter
1/2 T cider vinegar
water as needed
1. Combine flour, salt and sugar in mixer with paddle attachment.Mix well.
2. Cut butter into small cubes, cut into flour mixture on first speed.Mix to a crumbly consistency.
3. Mix egg and vinegar together in measuring cup.Fill with water to measure 3/4 cup.
4. Add to flour mixture and mix until it just comes together.
1 tsp buttermilk
2 tsp sour cream
1 cup heavy cream
1. Place in jar, shake, and let stand at room temperature, covered, for at least 10 and up to 24 hours.
2. Cover and refrigerate for up to 10 days.