3213 E Camelback Road, Phoenix AZ 85018
602.955.8100 ... firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Every Night
5PM - 10PM Mon-Sat 5PM - 9 PM Sun
Tarbell's Hand-Cut Ribbon Pasta
Serves about 8
1 whole egg
6 egg yolks
1/2 T olive oil
1-1/2 cup flour
4 T semolina
1. Place all ingredients into mixer using the dough hook, and mix on low until fully incorporated
2. Remove dough from bowl, wrap in plastic wrap, and let rest for 20 minutes.
3. Cut 1/3 of the pasta and place on a floured working surface (keeping other 2/3 wrapped).
4. Using your hands, flatten out the pasta to the width of the machine.
5. Set the machine on largest setting (#10), insert the pasta, and roll out. Repeat steps, turning the dial down one setting each time, until you reach smallest setting.
6. Cut pasta to desired shape, such as ribbons.
7. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add a pinch of salt, and boil pasta about 1 minute.
Parmesan Broth (Makes about 1 quart)
1 lb Parmesan rind
1 onion, roughly chopped
4 ea celery stalks
1 ea sachet - 1 bay leaf, 1 sprig thyme, 1/2 T whole peppercorns and 1 peeled garlic clove wrapped in cheesecloth and tied with butcher's twine
1/2 bunch parsley
1 gallon water
1. Combine all ingredients in a large stock pot. Set over low heat for about 2 hours, until reduced by about half.
12 ounces chicken-fennel sausage
20 Campari tomatoes
1/2 pound fresh spinach, picked from stems and cleaned
Butter to taste
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Sear sausage in large skillet. Drain.
2. Add about half a cup of Parmesan broth to skillet.
3. Stir in tomatoes, break up somewhat with fork, and simmer 10 minutes.
4. Stir in spinach and simmer just until wilted.
5. Stir in butter to thicken sauce to desired taste and consistency.
6. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and toss immediately with hot pasta.