3213 E Camelback Road, Phoenix AZ 85018
602.955.8100 ... email@example.com
Open Every Night
5PM - 10PM Mon-Sat 5PM - 9 PM Sun
Summer Corn & Sweet Red Pepper Soup
Makes 4-6 Servings
6 sweet red peppers - stemmed, seeded, and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
1 white onion, chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
4 ears fresh corn, shaved from the stalk (or substitute 1-1/2 cups organic canned corn)
1 Jalapeno pepper, stemmed, seeded, and minced
2 tsp white wine vinegar
2 T cilantro, chopped
1. Heat a large sauce pan over medium heat and add 4 T olive oil.
2. When oil is hot add the onion and sauté until translucent.
3. Add the peppers and continue cooking for 4 minutes, stirring.
4. Add corn, 3 cups water, vinegar and jalapeno. Bring to a low boil for 15 minutes.
5 Remove from heat and let cool for 3 minutes.
6. Transfer to a food processor and puree until smooth.
7. Refrigerate until serving time. Just before serving, sprinkle with cilantro.
8. Season with salt and white pepper to taste and serve.