3213 E Camelback Road, Phoenix AZ 85018
602.955.8100 ... firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Every Night
5PM - 10PM Mon-Sat 5PM - 9 PM Sun
Salad of Poached Maine Lobster Tail with Salsa di Caffe & Mache, Orange & Baby Spinach
2 -1-1/2 lb Maine lobsters
1. Partially fill a deep mixing bowl with ice and water.
2. When water is boiling place the tails and claw in the pot and turn down to medium-high heat.
3. Cook for 4 minutes and remove immediately to the ice bath, for 10 minutes.
4. Remove and discard shells from tails and claws.
5. Remove the “strip” along the back of the tail.
6. Cut tail in half lengthwise and set aside.
Salsa di Caffe
1. In a saucepan, bring to a simmer 1 cup each whole milk and cold water and 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise.
2. Whisk together until smooth 8 large egg yolks and 3-1/2 oz sugar.
3. Add 1/4 cup of vanilla/milk mixture to the egg mixture, whisking until combined.
4. Pour back into vanilla/milk mixture and cook gently over low heat, stirring, until sauce leaves a line on spoon.
5. Stir in 4 oz (1-1/4 cup) illy® coffee beans. Let cool then strain, discarding coffee and vanilla beans.
2 oranges, peeled and segmented.
1 cup of baby mache, stemmed and washed
1/2 cup baby spinach
4 leaves of macro arugula
1 T baton-cut chives
1/3 cup fresh orange juice
1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup + 4 sprigs chervil, picked leaves only (set aside 4 sprigs)
Sea salt to taste
1. Whisk olive oil into the orange juice in a mixing bowl. Season to taste with salt and set aside.
2. In a separate mixing bowl toss together all other ingredients (reserving 4 chervil sprigs for garnish).
3. Season greens mixture with the dressing and check taste. Adjust as necessary.
1. Warm unsalted butter in small saucepan.
2. Spoon one ounce of Salsa di Caffe in the center of four shallow serving bowls.
3. Divide salad between bowls, atop Salsa di Caffe.
4. Dunk the lobster in the butter to warm slightly, then arrange atop salad.
5. Garnish lobster with a sprig of chervil.