3213 E Camelback Road, Phoenix AZ 85018
602.955.8100 ... email@example.com
Open Every Night
5PM - 10PM Mon-Sat 5PM - 9 PM Sun
Roasted Wild Mushrooms and Garlic Crème Fraîche
A Great Side Dish for Beef, Pork, or Lamb
8 oz wild mushrooms, such as chanterelles. morels, and yellowfoot. (If none of these are available, use Shiitake).
Canola and Olive Oils
1/4 cup plus 2 T crème fraîche (can substitute sour cream)
1 head of garlic, unpeeled
1. Preheat oven to 300F.
2. Gently clean mushrooms with a barely-damp cloth. If large, cut I halves.
3. Cut top 1/4 inch from unpeeled garlic head. Drizzle with olive oil, wrap tightly in foil, and roast in oven until softened (about 2 hours.
4. Remove from oven and let cool.
5. Place a heavy sauté pan over high heat. Film with Canola oil.
6. When oil lets out a whiff of smoke, immediately add mushrooms. Cook for 5-10 minutes, disturbing as little as possible to develop caramelization..
7. Meanwhile, squeeze roasted garlic from cloves into a small bowl. Mash into paste and stir in crème fraîche. Taste and season with salt.
8. Spoon mushrooms around steaks or chops, and drizzle a little garlic crème fraîche over mushrooms.