Tarbell's Red Pepper Soup
Makes About 4 Quarts
3 stalks celery
2 yellow onions
2 large carrots, peeled
6 red peppers, cleaned and de-seeded
1/2 pound butter
1 gallon milk
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Cut celery, onions, carrots and peppers into medium dice.
2. Place a large saucepan over medium heat and add all vegetables and the butter.
3. Cook until ingredients are soft, about 45 minutes.
4. Add the milk and lower heat. Cook on low until ingredients are soft enough to blend, about 15 more minutes.
5. Carefully transfer soup in batches to a blender and blend until smooth. (Never fill a blender to the top if the contents are hot!)
6. Pass soup through a fine strainer, season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve.
© 2005 Tarbell’s
3213 E Camelback Road, Phoenix AZ 85018
602.955.8100 ... firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Every Night
5PM - 10PM Mon-Sat 5PM - 9 PM Sun