3213 E Camelback Road, Phoenix AZ 85018
602.955.8100 ... firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Every Night
5PM - 10PM Mon-Sat 5PM - 9 PM Sun
Purple Kale Salad with Parmigiano-Reggiano
Makes 1 Serving
2 cups purple kale
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Zest of 1/2 lemon
2 T bread crumbs
3 T very finely grated Parmesan (preferably microplaned)
1 T golden raisins
1 T hemp seed
2 T extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp warmed extra virgin olive oil
1/4 tsp finely chopped parsley
1/4 tsp finely chopped chive
1/8 tsp finely chopped fresh oregano
1/8 tsp finely chopped rosemary
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Wash kale and pick leaves from stems, discarding stems.
2. Very lightly toast hemp seeds in a dry skillet.
3. Combine bread crumbs, warmed olive oil, lemon zest and fines herbes.
4. Spread out on a cookie sheet and toast just until lightly browned.
5. Let cool.
6. In a large mixing bowl place kale, lemon juice, and 2 T olive oil and mix lightly.
7. Season to taste with sea salt and pepper.
8. Add half of the bread crumbs, half of the hemp seeds and half of the Parmesan and lightly toss again.
9. Pile on a chilled plate.
10. Finish salad by sprinkling the rest of the bread crumbs, Parmesan, golden raisins, and hemp seeds over top.
© 2005 Tarbell’s