3213 E Camelback Road, Phoenix AZ 85018
602.955.8100 ... email@example.com
Open Every Night
5PM - 10PM Mon-Sat 5PM - 9 PM Sun
Pan Seared Jumbo Sea Scallops with Saffron Risotto & Wild Mushrooms
4 cups risotto (see below)
4 oz spinach
1 ounce fresh wild mushrooms
4 T herb oil (see below)
1. Heat a large skillet on high. Add just enough oil to coat pan and add scallops, in batches if necessary. Do not crowd scallops. Cook on high until caramelized, about 2 minutes. Turn and cook on the other side about 20 seconds, until translucent. If you are cooking scallops in batches, wipe pan clean after each batch, let pan return to cooking heat, and add coating oil.
11 ounces arborio rice
1 large shallot, minced
1/2 clove garlic, minced (Note: do not add all garlic to recipe. Add to your taste.)
1 cup Sauvignon Blanc
4 T butter (preferably European style)
Pinch Spanish saffron
1. Heat large saucepan over medium heat. Add enough olive oil to coat pan.
2. Add shallot and garlic and cook until translucent.
3. Add rice and cook for two minutes.
4. Stirring constantly, about 1/2 coup at a time, adding more as liquid is absorbed to keep the risotto creamy.
5. Risotto will take about 20 minutes. It should be creamy and fall off the spoon. About five minutes before it is finished, stir in butter, saffron, and spinach.
6. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in wild mushrooms.
Makes 1 C
1/2 C parsley, chopped
1 C Canola oil
1/2 C chives, chopped
1. Stir herbs into oil and let steep for at least 3 hours.
Divide risotto between serving plates. Arrange 4 scallops atop risotto on each plate. Drizzle with herb oil.