Not Your Grandma's Pumpkin Pie
Makes 1 – 9” Pie
8 oz all-purpose flour
12 T butter
3 T brown sugar
2 tsp ground ginger
2.5 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground clove
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
2 T molasses
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. In a food processor mix flour and all dry spices.
3. Add cold butter one 2 T at a time.
4. Process crust mix until it looks like cornmeal.
5. Add molasses and pulse until the dough comes together, but is still crumbly.
6. If it is too dry, add cold water 1/2 tsp at a time.
7. Let dough rest in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
8. Roll out dough and place in a greased pie pan.
9. Use a fork to poke holes throughout the crust.
10. Bake with weights or beans for 15 minutes.
11. Remove weights and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
1 medium size buttercup squash (about 2 lbs)
2 T EVOO
1 tsp ground nutmeg
2 cup half & half
4 whole eggs
1 tsp salt
2 egg yolks
1.5 cup brown sugar
1. Adjust oven temperature to 350°F.
2. Cut squash in half and remove seeds.
3. Coat squash in EVOO.
4. Place on a sheet tray and roast, uncovered for 45 minutes.
5. Peel and puree the squash in a food processor.
**You can roast the squash the day before and refrigerate overnight.
6. Heat squash puree in a sauce pan, stir constantly until hot, about 2-3 minutes.
7. Add half & half, nutmeg, and salt.
8. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly.
9. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
10. In a bowl whisk brown sugar, whole eggs, and egg yolks until combined.
11. Add sugar and egg mixture to cooled squash and mix well.
12. Pour into still warm baked pie crust.
13. Bake pie for 30-40 minutes, until the center of the pie is slightly loose.
3213 E Camelback Road, Phoenix AZ 85018
602.955.8100 ... email@example.com
Open Every Night
5PM - 10PM Mon-Sat 5PM - 9 PM Sun