3213 E Camelback Road, Phoenix AZ 85018
602.955.8100 ... firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Every Night
5PM - 10PM Mon-Sat 5PM - 9 PM Sun
Makes 12 Servings
3 quarts water
1/2 cup Sauvignon Blanc
2 splashes Tabasco sauce
2 sprigs fresh thyme
3/4 cup coarsely chopped tomato
3 to 5 mussels
3 T Worcestershire sauce
3/4 cup tomato juice
Juice of 1 lemon
1. Combine all ingredients in a stock pot and simmer on low (do not boil) for about an hour. Strain, discarding solids. This is your chowder base.2 yellow onions, peeled and halved.
2 stalks celery, cut into 1/4" dice
2 large green bell peppers, cut into 1/4" dice
4 lbs tomatoes, cut into 1/4" dice
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp smoked paprika
1. Soak wood chips in water for 10 minutes. Place in prepared grill and lay onions on rack. Cover with a metal bowl to prevent flame ups. Smoke onions for about 6 minutes. Let cool and then cut into 1/4" dice.
2. Mix onions with diced celery, bell pepper, onion, tomato, and garlic. Place mixture in a large roasting pan. Place under broiler for 5 minutes at a time, stirring, until all vegetables are cooked and soft. Do not allow them to burn!
3. Sprinkle cooked vegetables with smoked paprika and return to broiler for 10 seconds. Keep a close eye so the paprika toasts, but does not burn.
4. Divide vegetables between serving bowls and pour base over vegetables. Stir once to integrate broth with vegetables, and serve immediately.