Hearty Chicken Soup with Spinach & Rice
Makes 4 Servings
1 quart organic or salt free chicken broth
1 small onion, sliced
1 large organic tomato, cut into 8 pieces
2 cups baby spinach, tightly packed
4 T brown rice
1 tsp low sodium soy sauce
4 sprigs Italian flat leaf parsley (pick the leaves off)
1 T extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place a 3 to 4 quart saucepan over medium to medium-high heat.
2. Add the chicken broth, sliced onion, tomato and rice.
3. Bring to a low boil for 20 minutes.
4. Add spinach, soy sauce and parsley. Leave on low boil for five minutes.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Just before serving, drizzle olive oil into each soup bowl.
3213 E Camelback Road, Phoenix AZ 85018
602.955.8100 ... email@example.com
Open Every Night
5PM - 10PM Mon-Sat 5PM - 9 PM Sun