3213 E Camelback Road, Phoenix AZ 85018
602.955.8100 ... firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Every Night
5PM - 10PM Mon-Sat 5PM - 9 PM Sun
Grilled Salmon with a Molasses-Lime Glaze & Crispy Potato Cake
6 fillets of fresh Atlantic Salmon
2 large Russet potatoes (peeled, shredded & soaked 15 minutes in lemon water, squeezed dry)
6 handfuls seasonal greens (preferably organic)
1/2 cup dark molasses
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
2 T mesquite honey
2 tsp ancho chile puree**
4 T extra virgin olive oil
2 T aged balsamic vinegar
1/4 tsp salt
4 T unsalted butter, melted
1 very hot grill
1. Preheat grill, and a couple of nonstick fry pans.
2. Mix molasses, lime juice, ancho puree and honey and pinch of salt together in a bowl. Set aside.
3. Mix the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and the one quarter tsp salt together.
4. Melt the butter in the hot pans. Spread the shredded potato out into six thin cakes and cook one side until crisp and brown. Turn over and cook the other side. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Grill the salmon until just done in the middle and sprinkle with salt. (Note: If the grill is not hot enough, brush with oil ... it prevents sticking)
6. Toss the clean greens with the olive oil and balsamic mixture.
7. Put the crisp cakes on serving plates. Top each with a mound of greens and a grilled salmon fillet.
8. Brush the fish with the molasses-lime glaze.
**Soak 1 dry ancho chile in water for 15 minutes. Remove stems and seeds and puree in blender with a pinch of salt.