3213 E Camelback Road, Phoenix AZ 85018
602.955.8100 ... firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Every Night
5PM - 10PM Mon-Sat 5PM - 9 PM Sun
Crispy Chickpeas with Parmesan
Makes 2-4 Servings
1 can (8 to 10 oz) chickpeas, thoroughly drained and gently dried in a clean napkin
1/2 cup olive oil
About 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan|
About 2 T minced fresh parsley
Kosher or sea salt to taste
Fresh lemon juice to taste
1. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. When hot, add olive oil and heat oil until it ripples, but is not smoking.
3. Carefully add chickpeas that have been drained and dried.
4. Shaking the pan, cook for 3 to 4 minutes until the chickpeas are tan to golden brown. They will pop and bounce as they cook. When finished, they will sound hollow.
5. Pour chickpeas into a basket strainer and let most of the oil strain away.
6. Toss chickpeas in a bowl with 1/2 cup Parmesan, 1 T parsley, about 2 tsp lemon juice, and salt. Taste and add more of everything as desired.
7. Serve immediately.