3213 E Camelback Road, Phoenix AZ 85018
602.955.8100 ... email@example.com
Open Every Night
5PM - 10PM Mon-Sat 5PM - 9 PM Sun
Crisp Kale Chips in Parmesan Vinaigrette
1 bunch Tuscan kale, trimmed and picked free of spine
Scant 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Juice of 2-1/2 lemons
2 ounces fresh Parmesan cheese, shredded with a microplane
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Whisk about 1 tsp salt into fresh lemon juice to dissolve.
3. Whisk olive oil into lemon juice. Proportions are approximately 1/3 lemon juice to 2/3 olive oil. Stir in microplaned Parmesan and stir. Dressing will thicken.
4. Combine olive oil, lemon juice, and Parmesan. Toss kale leaves with 1/4 cup of vinaigrette (reserve remaining vinaigrette for another use) so that all leaves are lightly coated.
5. Season with 1 tsp salt.
6. Shake excess vinaigrette from leaves.
7. Place leaves in single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
8. Bake until crisp, 6 to 8 minutes. Watch carefully; cooking time is approximate and will vary with your oven temperature and amount of dressing on the kale.