3213 E Camelback Road, Phoenix AZ 85018
602.955.8100 ... email@example.com
Open Every Night
5PM - 10PM Mon-Sat 5PM - 9 PM Sun
Cabo Wabo Shrimp
Serves Four to Five
1 pound Shrimp (26/30 per pound), peeled and deveined (larger shrimp also work great!)
1 cup fresh lime juice
2 ounces Cabo Wabo tequila
1 shallot, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Serrano chilies, stemmed, seeded, and chopped finely
4 scallions, thinly sliced
½ cup cilantro, rinsed, de-stemmed and chopped finely
½ cup parsley, rinsed, de-stemmed and chopped finely
2 Tbsp honey
½ cup water
1 cup olive oil
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Place shrimp in suitably sized mixing bowl and refrigerate.
2. Add remaining ingredients, except olive oil and salt, to another mixing bowl.
3. Slowly whisk olive oil into above ingredients.
4. Season with salt.
5. Pour marinade over shrimp one hour before grilling. Remove and drain five minutes before grilling
6. Make sure barbecue is clean and hot. Place shrimp on barbecue and cook approximately two minutes on each side.
7. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and serve immediately.