3213 E Camelback Road, Phoenix AZ 85018
602.955.8100 ... email@example.com
Open Every Night
5PM - 10PM Mon-Sat 5PM - 9 PM Sun
Southern Bread Pudding with Kentucky Bourbon Sauce
Makes 12 generous servings
3 loaves very dry bread
8 cups of milk
4 cups granulated sugar
8 ounces butter, melted
4 tsp Vanilla
2 cups raisins
2 cups chopped pecans
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1. Break bread in roughly 1” cubes, and place in large bowl.
2. Melt butter in microwave.
3. Whisk together sugar, eggs, nutmeg and cinnamon, then whisk in melted butter.
4. Whisk in milk and raisins and pecans.
5. Pour over bread and let sit for four hours, stirring occasionally.
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Strain bread and place in baking pan.
3. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1/2 hour.
4. Remove foil and bake for an additional 1/2 hour.
8 ounces butter
3 cups powdered sugar
1 cup whiskey
1. Cream butter and sugar over low heat until smooth.
2. Add eggs and whisk.
3. Whisk the bourbon into the mixture.