Tarbell's Au Gratin Potatoes
6 to 8 generous servings
3 large Russet potatoes
¾ cup cream
½ stick butter
½ pound grated Comte cheese
1 tsp nutmeg
salt & white pepper
1. Peel potatoes and slice into thin rounds. For best results, use a mandoline.
2. Heat the cream and butter until butter is melted and incorporated, stirring.
3. Stir nutmeg, salt, and white pepper into cream mixture.
4. Toss potatoes with cream mixture.
5. Alternate layers of potatoes and cheese in a 9”x9” baking pan, beginning with potatoes & ending with cheese.
6. Cover tightly with foil and bake at 350F for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
7. Remove foil and bake an additional 20 to 30 minutes, until golden brown on top.
3213 E Camelback Road, Phoenix AZ 85018
602.955.8100 ... firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Every Night
5PM - 10PM Mon-Sat 5PM - 9 PM Sun