Makes One Omelet
3 egg whites
One third of a tomato, diced
1 green onion or scallion, thinly sliced
10 stalks asparagus
One quarter cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
2 T chervil
salt and pepper
1 T extra virgin olive oil
1. Starting about 1 to 1-1/2 inches below tip, peel asparagus. Cook in boiling water for 4 minutes until crisp-tender. Plunge asparagus into ice water to stop the cooking and retain color.
2. Heat sauté pan over medium heat.
3. Add oil to pan.
4. Add egg and stir gently for 30 seconds.
5. Let cook until set.
6. When fully cooked through, spoon tomato, green onion, cheese, and chervil on the front half of the omelet. Arrange the asparagus on top of the other ingredients.
7. Gently tip pan toward you and fold omelet onto a plate.
3213 E Camelback Road, Phoenix AZ 85018
602.955.8100 ... firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Every Night
5PM - 10PM Mon-Sat 5PM - 9 PM Sun