3213 E Camelback Road, Phoenix AZ 85018
602.955.8100 ... firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Every Night
5PM - 10PM Mon-Sat 5PM - 9 PM Sun
Pan Seared Halibut with Wild Mushroom Ragout & Grilled Asparagus
Makes 2 Servings
2 7-ounce halibut fillets
1 cup wild mushrooms, such as a combination of oysters and golden chanterelles
2 ears fresh corn
10 stalks asparagus, trimmed
3 ounces sweet butter
2 leaves fresh sage, thinly sliced
1/2 to 3/4 cup Canola oil
1. With a sharp knife, carefully cut corn from cobs.
2. Preheat oven to 400F.
3. Brush mushrooms with a damp towel to remove dirt.
4. Heat oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat and add just enough Canola oil to film pan.
5. Sear halibut fillets, turning once, until browning around the edges. Place skillet on top rack of preheated oven and roast for about 8 minutes, until cooked through. Season to taste.
6. Meanwhile, heat a second sauté pan over medium high heat and add 2 ounces of butter. Immediately add mushrooms and stir to coat with butter. (Mushrooms will absorb butter and pan will look dry).
7. When mushrooms begin to brown, add another ounce of butter and stir in corn. (Be careful, the corn may pop!). Reduce heat to low and continue cooking just until corn is warmed through.
8. Toss mushrooms and corn with sage.
9. Toss asparagus with just enough Canola oil to coat. Season with salt and pepper and grill until soft (3-4 minutes). You can also roast the asparagus along with the fish, for the same amount of time.
10. Divide mushroom ragout between serving plates.
11. Top with halibut fillets and arrange asparagus stalks around fish.